Une liste honteusement pompée sur Reddit et qui ne demande qu’à être enrichie par vos commentaires.
Deus Ex series
Deus Ex is a nanopunk/cyberpunk-themed action-role playing video game — combining first-person shooter, stealth and role-playing elements.
All of the Deus Ex series are currently available on Steam.
- Deus Ex (PC)
- Deus Ex: Invisible War (PC/Xbox)
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC/PS3/360)
- Deus Ex: The Fall (PC/iOS)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC/PS4/Xbox ONE)
Deus Ex: Human Defiance was an April Fool’s joke about an “advanced” 8-bit Deus Ex game
Hideo Kojima is a Japanese video game designer known for his very cyberpunk works that include Snatcher and the Metal Gear series.
- Snatcher is a Cyberpunk adventure game heavily inspired by science-fiction films such as BladeRunner, The Terminator and Invasion of the Body Snatchers that revolves around bioroids known as “Snatchers” menacing the artificial island of Neo Kobe City. Considered by many fans of Kojima to be a pivotal work of his, it remains a strong cyberpunk title even today. The game was only officially released outside of Japan on the Sega CD (Mega CD in Europe and Japan), while translations of some of the other versions do exist as fan patches. Snatcher was released on PC-88, MSX2, PC-Engine (aka TurboGrafx16), Sega CD, PS1 and Sega Saturn.
- Policenauts is an adventure game that centers around the story of the “Policenauts”, astronauts with police training assigned to ensure the safety of the Earth’s first space colony. While the game carries less overt cyberpunk themes, an argument could be made to their existence. While the game was never released outside of Japan, several fan patches have been released; most notably the PS1 and Sega Saturn patches. The game was released on PC-98, 3DO, PS1 and Sega Saturn.
Metal Gear series
Metal Gear is a cyberpunk/espionage series of stealth/action games created by Hideo Kojima (and later Kojima Productions) and published by Konami. The story concerns near future covert ops by primarily a protagonist code named Solid Snake.
The third game of the series, Snake Eater; the PSP games Portable Ops and Peace Walker; Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes and Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, are prequels set after the end of World War II and during the Cold War following the protagonist Naked Snake; very playable but not technically cyberpunk. To fully enjoy (and grasp) the story, it is recommended to play all of these games in the order in which they were released. For more information, check out this FAQ.
- Metal Gear (NES/MSX2/DOS/C64 and Included in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence and all its ports)
- Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2 and again in Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence)
- Metal Gear Solid (PS1/PC/Gamecube)
- Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (PS2/PC/PS3/Xbox)
- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (PS3)
- Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS4/PC)
Ghost in the Shell series
Already a popular cyberpunk manga and anime franchise, Ghost in the Shell has a number of videogames based on it.
- Ghost in the Shell (PS1)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PS2)
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (PSP)
- Ghost in the Shell: First Assault – Stand Alone Complex Online (PC)
Rez, is a rail shooter video game released by Sega for the Dreamcast and PlayStation 2. The game is notable for replacing the typical sound effects found in most rail shooter games with electronic music, with sounds and melodies created by the player as they target and destroy foes in the game, leading to a form of synesthesia, enhanced by an optional Trance Vibrator peripheral.
The game is set in futuristic computer “supernetwork” called the K-project where much of the data flow is controlled by an AI named Eden. Eden has become overwhelmed with the amount of knowledge gathered on the network, causing her to doubt her existence and enter a shutdown sequence, which would create catastrophic problems everywhere should she be able to complete this. The player plays the protagonist hacker, logging into the K-project system to reboot Eden while destroying any viruses or firewalls that happen to inhibit progress, and analyzing other sub-areas of the network to gain access to Eden’s location.
- Child of Eden, a prequel to Rez by the same designer, was released for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
- Rez HD is an HD remake released for Xbox Live Arcade.
- Rez Infinite has been announced and will support use of the PS4 VR headset.
Shadowrun, based off the popular pen & paper role playing game series of the same name is best remember for combining a cyberpunk future setting with elements from traditional fantasy fiction, such as magic use and creatures like elves, dwarves and dragons.
- Shadowrun (SNES)
- Shadowrun (Sega Genesis) – Play on Archive.org
- Shadowrun (Sega MegaCD)
- Shadowrun (Xbox 360/PC)
- Shadowrun Returns (PC/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android)
- Shadowrun: Dragonfall (PC/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android)
- Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown (PC/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android)
- Shadowrun: Hong Kong (PC/Mac/Linux)
The Syndicate series is a series of isometric science fiction computer games created by Bullfrog Productions. There are two main titles in the series: Syndicate (1993/1994) and Syndicate Wars (1996), with an expansion pack for the former, Syndicate: American Revolt. A fourth Syndicate title was released in February 2012.
The games put the player in charge of a militant global corporation – for which the player chooses a name and logo. Game play in the first two games involves ordering a team of four cyborg agents around gritty cyberpunk-themed cities, in pursuit of mission goals such as assassinating executives of a rival syndicate, rescuing captured allies, “persuading” civilians and scientists to join the Corporation/Church, demolishing buildings, or simply killing all enemy agents. The 2012 game underwent a genre shift to first-person shooter; some gameplay elements remain in altered forms, but the player no longer commands a team of agents and plays through a typical first-person plot.
- Syndicate (PC, Genesis) – Play Genesis version on Archive.org
- Syndicate Wars (PC)
- Syndicate (2012) (PC)
System Shock series
System Shock is an action-adventure role-playing game developed by Looking Glass Technologies. Released in 1994, the game is set aboard a space station in a cyberpunk vision of the year 2072. Assuming the role of a nameless hacker, the player attempts to hinder the plans of a malevolent artificial intelligence called SHODAN.
A sequel, System Shock 2, was released by Looking Glass Studios and off-shoot developer Irrational Games in 1999. The Bioshock series is considered to be a spiritual successor to the two System Shock games.
- System Shock (PC)
- System Shock 2 (PC)
- System Shock: Enhanced Edition (PC) – An enhanced version of System Shock 1 for modern PCs, by GoG.
- System Shock 3 – Upcoming sequel.
Tex Murphy series
Tex Murphy is a series of five adventure games from Access Software. The titular character is characterized as a down-on-his-luck private investigator in a dystopian future San Francisco.
The games combine standard point and click adventure game play with at the time ground breaking full motion video in a very inspired by Blade Runner/Total Recall future.
- Mean Streets (PC) – Play on Archive.org
- Martian Memorandum (PC) – Play demo on Archive.org
- Under a Killing Moon (PC)
- The Pandora Directive (PC)
- Tex Murphy: Overseer (PC)
- Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure (PC/Mac Linux)
Unsurprising for a movie whose whole story is about a video game, TRON has had many game adaptations. The arcade games are considered to be some of the greatest arcade game cabinets ever made and are highly sought by collectors now. There have also been a fair amount of home system games released including ones for 8-bit era consoles, PCs and even a few open source clones of the light cycle sequence in TRON.
- TRON (Arcade) – Play on Archive.org
- Discs of TRON (Arcade) – Play on Archive.org
- Adventures of Tron (Atari 2600)
- TRON: Deadly Discs (Atari 2600, Intellivision) – Play on Archive.org
- TRON: Solar Sailor (Intellivision)
- TRON Light Cycles (1992) (MS-DOS) – Play on Archive.org
- TRON 2.0 (PC/Mac/Xbox/GBA)
- Space Paranoids (web)
- TRON: Evolution (PC/PS3/PSP/Xbox360)
- Fan/Open Source Games:
A series of first person shooters originally by the developers of Goldeneye for n64.
- Perfect Dark (N64)
- Perfect Dark (Game Boy Color)
- Perfect Dark Zero (Xbox)
- Perfect Dark (2010 video game) (HD remake of original for Xbox 360)
Other Video Games
- Akira (NES/Famicom)
- Anachronox (PC)
- Appleseed (NES)
- BAT 2 – The Koshan Conspiracy (1992) – Play on Archive.org
- Battle Angel (PS1)
- Beneath a Steel Sky (PC/Mac/ScummVM) – Free download from GOG.com
- Binary Domain (PC/PS3/360)
- Black Ice (PC)
- Blacklight: Retribution (PC)
- Blade Runner (1985) (ZX Spectrum) – Play on Archive.org
- Blade Runner (1997) (PC)
- BloodNet (PC/Amiga)
- Burn:Cycle (PC/Mac/CD-i)
- Cyber Cop (1992) (Genesis) – Play on Archive.org
- Cyber-Lip (NeoGeo/Arcade)
- Cyberpunk 2077 (PC)
- Cyber Recession Warrior Edgar (Browser/Flash)
- Cyril Cyberpunk (1996) (MS-DOS) – Play on Archive.org
- Dex (PC/Mac/Linux/Wii U/PS4/Xbox One)
- Dream Warrior (1989) (MS-DOS) – Play on Archive.org
- Dreamweb (PC/Amiga) – Play on Archive.org
- Einhänder (PS1/PSN)
- Enter the Matrix (PC/PS2/GC/360)
- E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy (PC)
- Fade to Black (PC/PS1)
- Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (PC/PS3/360)
- Fear Effect (PS1/PSN)
- Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix (PS1/PSN)
- Final Fantasy 7 (PS1/PC/PSN)
- Flashback (PC/Mac/Amiga/3DO/CD-i/Jaguar/SNES/Genesis/iOS) – Play Genesis version onArchive.org
- Flashback 2013 remake (PS3/360)
- Gemini Rue (PC/iOS)
- Genocide (SuperFamicom/TurboCD)
- Gunpoint (PC)
- Hagane: The Final Conflict (SNES)
- Hard Reset (PC)
- Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller (PC/3DO)
- I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (PC/Mac)
- Invisible, Inc. (PC)
- Magrunner: Dark Pulse (PC/PS3/360)
- Megami Tensei series
- Mirror’s Edge (PC/PS3/360/iOS/Winphone)
- Mirror’s Edge 2 (2016)
- Narco Police (1990) (MS-DOS) – Play on Archive.org
- Neocron (PC)
- Neocron 2 (PC)
- NeoTokyo half-life 2 mod (PC)
- Neuromancer (MS-DOS/Amiga/Apple IIgs) Play MS-DOS version on Archive.org | Play Apple IIgs version on Archive.org
- Omikron: The Nomad Soul (PC/Dreamcast)
- Oni (PC/Mac/PS2)
- Orwell (PC)
- Read Only Memories
- Remember Me (PC/PS3/360)
- Restricted Area
- Rise of the Dragon (PC/Mac/Amiga/SegaCD) – Play on Archive.org
- Rise of the Robots (1994) (Genesis) – Play on Archive.org
- Satellite Reign (2015)
- Shadow Complex (360, Xbox One, PS4, PC)
- Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe (1991) (Genesis) – Play on Archive.org
- Technobabylon (PC)
- Transistor (PC/PS4)
- Watch Dogs (PC/PS3/PS4/X360/XOne/WiiU)
Computer Hacking Sim Games
- AI Wars: The Awakening (PC)
- Computer Underground (1993) (MS-DOS) – Play on Archive.org
- Frozen Synapse (PC/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android)
- The Hacker (iOS)
- The Hacker Project – Play online
- Hacker Evolution
- Hacker Experience – Play online
- Project Hacker: Kakusei
- Quadrilateral Cowboy
- Street Hacker
- System 15000
- TouchTone (iOS)
Interactive Fiction/Text Adventures
- Circuit’s Edge – based on George Alec Effinger’s novel When Gravity Fails – Play on Archive.org
- Digital: A Love Story
- Hacker II: The Doomsday Papers
- A Mind Forever Voyaging